HOT Board Member / Contributors Committee Lead
Volunteers Needed: 1
The Contributors Committee is a standing committee with goals of raising funds to ensure the financial viability and stability of the organization. The committee is made up of 3 teams. The Sponsors Team identifies and interacts with businesses who have an interest in engaging with HOT. The Grants Team identifies and responds to online opportunities for funding. The Acknowledgements Team ensures that all contributors are properly thanked for the support.
This position will serve as the leader of the Contributors Committee and as a HOT Board Member. This position reports to the Chairman of the Board.
This volunteer will be expected to:
- Work with the Events Committee Leader to establish sponsorship funding goals and levels for each event
- Provide projected budget requirements to the Finance Committee
- Partner with Marketing to prepare sponsorship materials
- Provide direction and leadership to the Sponsors, Acknowledgements and Grants team captains
- Engage with local businesses to grow awareness and support of HOT
- Identify and develop additional fundraising methods
- Attend quarterly Board Meetings
- Participate on the HOT Board, by providing input into the direction of the foundation, approving budgets, approving policies and and other items requiring a board vote
- Attend monthly Committee Lead meetings
Board Member positions are a two-year commitment, with activities occurring year round. Volunteers should expect to spend 10-20 hours per month on this position.
Please send your qualifications to our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position.